With the COVID-19 pandemic changing on a daily basis, the health and safety of our staff and stakeholders is our utmost concern. In response to the province being in Alert Level 2 Sport NL has made the decision that staff will work from the Administrative Building effective Wednesday August 26th, 2020.
The Sport NL Administrative Building will remain closed to all outside organizations. We will still be curtailing face to face meetings and visits to outside organizations and utilizing technology options where possible. We encourage all outside visitors that need to enter the building to make an appointment with the applicable organization/individual. The Board Rooms will remain closed to all outside organizations at this time.
As the Sport Newfoundland and Labrador Administrative office will be accessible to PSOs with offices in the building, we must ensure we operate under the guidelines set out in the Return to Work plan developed by Sport NL, Recreation NL, and School Sports NL.
The following guidelines will be followed:
- Masks are mandatory in all common spaces of the Administrative Building
- If you are sick please do not enter the office
- Maintain and respect a social distance of 2 meters
- If you have been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 please do not enter the building and call 811
- If coming to the building for an appointment please follow the protocols upon entering the building
We also encourage everyone to follow routine preventative measures:
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue
- If ill with acute respiratory symptoms, do not enter the building
Executive Director, Sport Newfoundland and Labrador